View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #19
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
There is another thread floating around where this has been discussed, but I'll answer anyways....

No, you cannot use the Camaro's rear brake calipers in the Grand Am. You can however use the 2004-2008 Grand Prix GXP calipers, rotors, and pads. The way the caliper mounts for the Camaro is different. You can only use the Camaro's front caliper and pads. I've read speculation about the C5 Corvette's rear brake fitting but no one has done it and posted pictures. Go with the proven method. 4th gen F body front brakes, 3rd gen W body rear brakes.

There actually is one person that I know of that did the Corvette brakes both in the front and the rear. A member by the name of leoalero did it on his Alero. He used the brakes from an 08 Z06 for his and I did a little searching and found the thread where they talk about it for anyone who is interested. He mentions that it took him 40 hours of working on it and making his own brackets to make them fit and that was with 20 inch rims on his car. He said you could make them fit 19's or possibly 18's, but they wouldn't fit on the stock 16's. So while it wouldn't be the easiest thing to do, it still can be done lol.

Here's the link to the thread, but keep in mind he's not a very active member so don't get disappointed if you reply to it and he doesn't reply back.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...rake+up grade
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote