Thread: Suspension Info
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
while we're on the topic... how is it possible that if we lower from 4x4 height, the ride gets more stiff and less comfy.

yet "luxury" cars come already that low, and are very comfy (more than our stock ride is) to ride in? Why is there no option to lower, and maintain a soft ride?

That's what happens when you pay 50K for a car

A lot of the luxury cars have added stuff in the suspension. I know that the difference in the Navigator and Expedition rear struts is air bags. Don't know exactly how they are set up, never worked on one, but I know that's something Ford likes to do. I also know roughly that Infiniti and Nissan struts are different set-up's internally (at least back in 2005) but don't ask me how. If I was still working at a shop part-time, I probably could answer all these questions better

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote