View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by double0alero+Mar 7 2006, 07:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(double0alero @ Mar 7 2006, 07:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i agree...its great to see somebody actually putting ALL the work into it rather than just piecing things together...i'm pumped to see it all finished... [/b]
Something I decided long ago, our Alero limitations were basically due to most people being satisfied with what you could get with basic bolt-on's. That includes an s/c or turbo. I wanted to show these import fans exactly what can be done with a domestic, and at a competitive price-tag. Believe me, there's nothing that rakes my nerves worse than a worked over civic owner thinking he's all that. I get challenged at least 3-4 times a week, but I always tell them they'll have to wait for the track to find out what it will do (cuz it isn't quite ready yet )
Quote:
Originally posted by jackal2000@Mar 7 2006, 10:20 AM
im sure i am not the only one dieing to know the price tag on this project?? the army doesnt pay THAT well lol
The key here is two-fold. Sponsorship, and doing alot of work and research yourself, rather than paying out to have it done. Believe me, I have less than half tied up in this project than what it should have cost.
Quote:
Originally posted by natedawg9640@Mar 7 2006, 12:24 PM
i agree... i am one of the ones on here that got into that arguement with you about beating a c6 vette or whatever... and you said your budget was like 3k or something... how much have you got in it so far? anyway... it's lookin sweet and i'm anxiously waiting for the results...
The proposed budget in that argument was to beat a $60k car with around $5k invested (not including the purchase price of my car). Shamefully I will have to admit, at the project's end, I will have gone a little (not much) over budget. The transmission is estimated to cost between $2,500 and $3,500 (me supplying the core) if I have it built. If I build it myself (which I'm not keen on) it will cost less.<!--QuoteBegin-King Asoka
@Mar 7 2006, 01:08 PM
If, and when you finish this, this is going to be a monster of a Hoe. What are your goals in terms of HP and torque.
[/quote]This season, I'm shooting for excess of 450hp. Throughout the year, I'm purchasing an additional 3400 block and going for a 600hp (crank) buildup, and that's where things will start to get crazy. At that point, I'll probably be at nearly double the current investment into engine components.

HP and torque to the ground will have to be dyno'd after making the final gear ratio selections, which is still being pencilled out.

Keep in mind, only planning to run appx 12 psi max (around 300-350hp) daily driving. A new PCM file will be uploaded with boost pushed to around 18-20psi at the track, hence the need for a chiller/supercooler.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote