Thread: Painting her :D
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
incorrect answer!! mettalics are the worst you see everyting if the mettalic is laid out wrong do ya not think your gonna see a tiger stripe?? or mottling?? eff yes you will. pearls, candy`s, the worse colors to do if ya dont know what your doing inexperience can ruin paint work

to the original poster.........if you have zero experience in paint and body, no words i type out will help i have to be there in the flesh to help you but i can type this, be patient, take your time, and preping is the key poor preping you will have problems to the high heavens!!!

if you have questions i can try to help the best i can but it wont do any good since im not there helping you but i can try

x2, plus metallics harder to match for repairs, right?

I used metallic once, careful as I could be but still got tiger stripes.

Also, I used the same 2.0 sprayer for primer, final coat, everything. Got severe orange peel. Took days of 1500 grit water sanding to get it looking decent, but the stripes still showed.