View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by XionSolaris View Post
Hey. I'm new to this but anyway, Here's the way I wired my sub/amp to my car without drilling any holes, and using the stock radio. Enjoy. I might of made some mistakes in the vid(wrong choice of words) but enjoy anyway. :]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5E2AAVF9h8

lol your kidding me with that right? few things come to my mind, i will try to be gentle.

first of all, that line looks like too small of a gauge line to run and the fuse(?) on your amp line looks too small for it. and WTF who really grounds something to the strut mount nut when the effing negative battery terminal is 3 inches away.

next, you should never run a line like that, if that line gets pinched by your hood or door hinge, you could start a fire and burn your car down. there is a rubber grommet under that fuse box that goes through the firewall and into the car near the brake pedal. your RCA(?) cable or whatever that is thats just going across your passenger floor should really be rerouted under the door sill trim pieces and then around to behind your dash and into your radio or whatever kind of setup you have. that like WILL get yanked out and you will end up shorting something out.

BTW wtf kind of ground wire is that....please tell me thats not a solid copper line LOL

heres some pictures to show you the location. (*dont mind the wires they have been properly cleaned up*)

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote