View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
not passing emissions

so i have taken my car in 4 times to get the virginia emissions test done and each time they tell me it can't be tested because the obd II monitor readiness thing says it is not ready. here's the break down of the 5 monitors:

Catalyst - not ready
Evap system - not ready
O2 sensor - ready
HO2 sensor - not ready
EGR system - ready

now, if the HO2 sensor is the down stream post-cat sensor then i dont have one. i disabled the codes in the pcm with powrtuner so no SES light comes on. i thought i would still be able pass emissions by doing that and i swear i have before. i dont know if VA has some advanced software now or what the deal is but this is a pretty big problem because my tags expire on saturday. does anyone have an idea on why it keep saying not ready? after they tell me it's not ready they say i have to drive it so it runs through all of the checks, but i put hundreds of miles on it this past weekend when i went to BPO in jersey so im sure that's not it.