Thread: Tires??
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 12:44 PM   #16
coredump

Quote:
Originally posted by Molson+Nov 28 2003, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Molson @ Nov 28 2003, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Big Poppa Naich@Nov 26 2003, 11:57 PM
Please remember to use the Tirerack link at the top of aleromod.com if you decide to buy from them. I ordered my tires from them, and they provide top-notch service. They even called me before they shipped them to make sure I ordered the correct size... because Aleros don't have 18" wheels stock.
unfortunatly its not viable for shipping to Canada, customs and brokerage would cost a fortune. [/b][/quote]
This is unfortunately what I've been thinking. The customs is killer.

Aside from that, I was working out the cost of the tires plus shipping and it works out to a little more than what I could get them from a local store, without installation, disposal of old tires etc etc.
I'm all for supporting the site but not when its gonna cost me too much extra (Sorry Nick).

I think I'll be calling one of the shops this afternoon to see if I can get the new tires tomorrow.

Again, thanks to everyone who posted some info and gave me some tires to check out as comparisons. I really appreciate it. Especially since I'm not a 'car guy' and dont know much about these things.

Geoff