View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #45
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
all your ideas sound great and i can help you allot with graphics on your car, and the hood scoops dont bother if you bring me your car i wont put those on and say i did your car lol

but now keep in mind all the thing syou want done cost money custom paint starts to get expensive, fabricating can get expensive, so just keep all that in mind

I know that things add up as you can see from my ongoing list. I will have over $9000 rolled into this car when I finish the work that I've already bought parts to do.

I was wanting the look of the Alero/Intrigue 442 as far as hood scoops goes, but I'm starting to reconsider. I may do a photoshop rendering at some point after my kit is installed. Otherwise I may just wait until I can afford a spyder hood or something? I'm not fully sold on the scoop idea yet... Just kicking it around. I need to figure out if I care enough to have the hood fabricated. I was quoted $400 to fabricate my hood with real cowls.

I don't think my paint will be "custom", I am just painting everything back to the factory color. The custom decals will be vinyl so that I can peel them off later if I decide that I hate them or want to change them up a bit.

Unfortunately, I know that you do AMAZING quality of work... I mean, I saw that beast of an Alero you had... Nearly flawless! I wish I could afford you. I'm working in the $2000 range. I found a small custom shop nearby who has been in business here for 25 years that will do the kit, full paint, minor hood and door repair (seam seal) for $2000 and they will have the car back to me in 7-10 business days.

I don't want to low ball you or anything like that, but I've got 2 non Maacco shops that have decent looking work on their books and references and both quoted me $1500-2000. Keep in mind, this is NOT to paint the trunk, door jams, engine bay ect. This is exterior visible panels only and I take the lights out, window and side trim and door handles off before I leave the car. But it also includes repairing my chips and seam pop on my hood, and digging out the very small amount of rust on the inside lip of my rear passenger door and seam sealing it again as well.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote