Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Ok, update. I had one blown fuse (parking lamps) but it didn't solve the problem. I have a short (meaning absolute 0 voltage, AND continuity between positive and ground) in the wires that connect both the center cubby light AND the one that lights up the PRND123.

where do those go, and how could i possibly have 0 voltage and ground continuity on the positive... w/o blowing fuses???
Your positive may actually be a ground cherry. Its hard to trouble shoot this problem with out being there but like in my car all the lights are powered off of either a a gray and black or a white and black or a gray and black/white wire. Any of the black wires even with the stripe are grounded. Any wire with gray or white will be your either a fused 12v constant or a switched 12v constant. So I would go back and check to make sure you don't have you power leads actually hooked up to a ground. They generally run or I should say are fused in the passenger side fuse panel. As far as the transaxle lights it should be a Black (ground) and a Grey (positive), the grey runs into the the fuse block on the passenger side, from there it runs to lamp dimmer module, and from the module you should have either one or two yellow wires and a dark green wire that runs to the dimmer switch. The dimmer switch is fused 10amps at the passenger side fuse panel and turns into brown from there and runs to the auto park lamp relay under the hood fuse block, and from there as white to the BCM.

This is kind of why I am a fan of making a new circuit when wiring accesories cause you eliminate all of the above, and when it is time to trouble shoot you don't have to worry about shorting out the cars electrical system.

...oh yeah this is just from looking at my cars diagrams I don't know the year of yours but if you leave it I will see if it is similar.