View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #141
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4v1sf View Post
why is it so expensive my friend just bought one for his se-r and it was ALOT cheaper than 700 exspecailly for fiberglass im going to go and talk to the guy who made my friends and see what he would charge for the mold even if it was just a fiberglass hood no cowl ill see what he has to say on prices i think that alot more people would buy this hood if the price wasn't so high plus its pretty cheap to make in materials only thing that would cost some money is the mold
Go ahead and make the molds and see if you can do it cheaper .

You think there will be hundreds of buyers on here, WRONG! They will tell you they want it and when it comes time to come up with the money they're like "Uh Uh I dont have enough". It's happened all to often And then there are the shipping issues, I think 1/2 of the hoods came back damaged. Greg(Crazy Taxi) lost his ass on the deal.

You also have to figure your retail price based on the amount of buyers. If you have 100 buyers you spread the costs over those 100 hoods. If you only sell 15 you have to spread your cost over just 15 hoods and that makes the price go up and up and up. There are a lot more se-r guys out there moddin their cars. Also the se-r hood might have been cheaper because they were poorly made, These cowl hoods were a peice of art, I have seen 5 of them and they are sweet.

Why doesn't a mod just lock this thread right now so we don't waste any more time on this subject.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds