View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Okay,
So to CONTINUE the what I learned (I really believe the "What I learned" should be an IMPORTANT part of anyone trying anything); I learned that if you go to Autozone and just say "I need an adapter to make this fit in my car," is NOT going to work! You need an adapter with a something like a 45 degree bend, otherwise your sending unit with be rubbing against the camshaft housing, along with the fuel line diaphragm sitting on top of the unit.

I have ALSO learned that not only is Scott (Oldsman) the guy who puts together A.S.S and the president of the Alero Chapter of the O.C.A; He is the guy to call and talk to when your car has problems. He work voodoo over the phone (somehow; I don't know so don't ask!) and scares your car straight. After talking on the phone with Scott (and possibly fixing my P0171 code) I take out the new sending unit and replace the old one. Get in my car and start her up just to make sure nothing is wrong. She cranks at the first turn...I look down and ALL of my lights (warning lights, remember i had the wheel hub lights (SVS, ABS, and TRAC off)) are gone. I QUICKLY pick up the phone and leave Scott a message to, "keep doing the voodoo that you do doo." LMAO
-Smurf-