View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 AM   #38
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Hok,
I wanna look cool driving your HO...Oy yeah the car.ROTFLMAO!!!
Yeah once you get the know-how and where to hook the things up it's easy as shit and it took me maybe 15 minutes to run the power to them. I ran all three red wires together, All yellow wires together, ALL black wires together, and hook them into the stereo harness. I have an aftermarket radio so the harness has the same three colors with the same function as that of the gauges. After that I attach more wire to the sender wires of the Oil pressure and the transmission temperature gauge and then poked a hole in the firewall and ran the wires through into the engine bay. Then hook those wires up to the sender unit (for the oil pressure gauge) and I still have the other wire for the trans temp sitting in the engine bay but its wrapped up arounf the brake fluid resovoir, waiting till i get the temp probe into the transmission. after that it is going to be easy. Hook up the power and then ground the temp probe and Voila, I'm done.

As far as the original a-pillar, start at the top near the roof. Pull out just enough to slide in your fingers, run your hands down the a-pillar while prying away just a little. It does take a little muscle, so (FOR YOU) just breathe on it and it will fall off. LMAO
If you have a plastic pry bar, that might help. I have one but didn't use it.
-Smurf-