View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
so your telling him to hand rub his car that he`s going to wet sand?? did i read correctly?? if i did nate please dont listen to him and the products he mentioned, ummm no! 3m is the way to go to 100% remove wet sanding, if you rubbed by hand do you know how long it would take you?? lol if you have a buffer this is what i would do wash the car, your going to buff it in stages, if it is real real bad like you say it is you want to use 3m`s cutting compound, using a foam cutting pad, buffing in 3ft square area moving and using medium pressure, mask off the molding you dont want to catch with the buffer and burn them, so mask them off wash the car off again, now your going to use the 3m poilshing glaze using a polishing pad, the new 3m glaze is refurmulated so it looks like its not going away but its designed to do that so you keep working the glaze into the clear if you supplier doesnt have the new stuff buy the old stuff and buy the glaze made for drak color cars, and with that stuff alittle tip of the trade for ya, wet the panle down with a spray bottle full of water i suggest not wet sanding nate for a good reason if the clear is still oringinal and its old since 1999 i would just buff the car, you wet sand your taking off clear and when you buff your taking off more clear, which then leads to buffing burns, and sometimes you will burn right through the clear and you will see the sealer so i would just buff it
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote