View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 01:54 AM   #28
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally posted by AnderbrA@Apr 25 2005, 09:10 AM
Most likely for the time being.... larger injectors and Vortec FMU....as i increase boost, ill have to revisit that. I am still researching it.

any ideas?

if you can somehow get the reflash, that'd probably be the easiest way. you might have a hard time trying to find a dealer that will do it though. i know i cant find one around here.

other than that there are a few options. what i will be running if i can find a decent priced additional injector controller (AIC), is 4 additional injectors, placed just behind the stock injectors so they squirt right into the valves. car runs like stock with no boost and as soon as you hit boost, extra injectors kick in to deliver more fuel. with most AIC's you can set it to start delivering fuel at a certain rpm as well as a certain boost level, as well as modifing the duty cycle of the injectors, lengthening or shortening the injector pulses to add or subtract fuel where and when you need it.

you could also go the route of bigger injectors, adjustable FPR, cartech adjustable FMU, and the apexi SAFC. there's a bunch of boosted cavaliers running that same setup on j-body.org having great success. just remember when sizing injectors, they go by how much power you want to make, not how much boost you're running. if you're starting out with lower boost, you can get a little bit bigger injectors and pull fuel with the SAFC. then when you decide to crank up the boost later on, you have injectors big enough to support the power gain.

and of course you could always go with a stand alone unit if you've got the funds for it.

be sure to invest in a wideband o2 sensor kit if you havent already. its incredibly difficult to tune the fuel curve without it.