Thread: Mufflers.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:50 AM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou View Post
You suck at logic; I wasn't even talking about your recommendation.
Oh I'm sorry. Yes. I suck at logic, because you replied to a topic whose posts are all about single inlet dual outlet mufflers, and I'm supposed to assume you're talking about whatever-the-eff else you're thinking inside your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misuseofyou View Post
The bends are in the piping going to both sides of the car. Heres a pic since you need it.

By the way, inline four engines tend to only have one bank of cylinders, so that image is completely useless. It's a single header with a single pipe going back to a muffler. Whether that muffler is a single inlet, dual outlet, or single inlet, single outlet will not dramatically change overall flow.

Splitting that single pipe into two by using a Y-pipe and then going into two mufflers will also not prove to be any restriction, as, you seemingly fail to understand, by making two pipes out of one, you're increasing the overall volume of the piping, making even less of a restriction as the exhaust gases expand to fill the chambers.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote