Thread: I'm new here
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #22
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
OK, so I finally picked it up last Friday and drove it back to Maryland from SC. It had 19,400 miles on it when I picked it up. It even still smelled new. Nice car, I like it a lot! I've got it inspected and registered and all too. Picked up the front license plate mount yesterday at a dealer that's across the street from my work. They got it overnight. So all I've got to do left is to mount the front license plate holder (and the OEM one fits on the car perfectly), and put on the front and back plates. Then I'll put in a new air filter, flush the brakes (never been done on this car), and get one of those windshield repair kits and fix the small crack on the windshield. So far this "free" car has cost me about $550, but that's still really cheap for what's essentially a new car. Fortunately in Maryland for a car > 7 yeard old, they sales taxes you pay is only 6% on $640, so my total license and registration fees were only $240 (and that lasts for 2 years).

Everyone at my work, and my GF are pretty impressed by the car.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote