View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 07:04 PM   #49
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are very patient. Thats some crazy wait times. The TCE are not easy to obtain. usually made in small batches at a time. I had one myself on my 3400. It took awhile to get as it wasnt readily available.

I am well out of the Alero scene, as I sold mine years ago, but when i did have it. I was in touch quite often with Milzy, at the time. He was a great guy, a little slow and not very well at keeping customers up to date/communicating. But on the days i would be impatient i would give him no choice and just show up to the shop. In most cases he was very helpful with me, and ?had my back? even spoke about sponsors at one point and trying prototype parts. But after awhile it just seemed he took on way more then he could chew, couldnt keep employees in the shop to help him etc which created the down fall of MMS. Its very sad because he had the right mind set. Built crazy 3100/3400/3500/3800 cars (his monte 3800 turbo is sick) but he had the right idea. Unfortunately this market is a dying breed, and only a few OG?s care to dump big money into these cars. And thats hard to run a business off of.

But i wish you the best of luck, but it seems like your parts may never come about. (praying thats not your case)

Thanks for the support and my initial dealings with MMS were great also. Very much enjoyed talking with the owner but it got frustrating hearing "Yeah, your parts will be ready "next spring" or "next fall" or "next summer" etc... Anyway, you may be right. Maybe no one will receive their parts (or sub-par parts) as the original fabricator (Forcefab?) is gone. That was the real talent behind MMSs previously good reputation IMHO.

Sucks to hear about the TCE production picture. If they have not made a run in 5 years then they may be over and out.....but it does beg the question of why they are still listed for sale on the MMS website.

LOL, i'm not so much patient, mostly foolish, however it's not been a total loss waiting around. My kid and i did have a lot of fun with that old GA a few years back and we bought another car (with readily available parts lol) to goof around with so no regrets there. Also, it was awesome to find out that other people share the love for these old GM FWD cars too. I enjoyed reading about your car's evolution and the many others on here as well. Will always have a soft spot for these vehicles lol.

Last edited by dbral : 12-13-2022 at 07:11 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote