View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 07:02 PM   #348
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll take some pics of how the current hydraulic setup works, I have spare parts of it all. Basically the master cylinder side has some hard metal tubing that leads to a T which has a bleeder screw, and then a male plastic protrusion with an o-ring that also has a conical shape, and an apparent spring loaded valve inside to prevent fluid from leaking out. So when you stick it into the female conical slave cylinder's connection, it has a plus-sign shaped piece in the center which presses the valve, opening flow. I just think there's still air in the system and the plastic fitting is moving enough that it's actually closing. It's possible they didn't stick it in far enough.

Ahhh....that makes total sense and would explain what's up for sure. If that valve is closed, fluid is going nowhere and neither is your clutch pedal. Come to think of it, got an OEM clutch master cyl for our cavalier a few years back and it came pre-bled with fluid in the reservoir AND with the line and connector/valve you just described...just bolted it up and plugged it in and it worked. Guessing that GM used that connector/valve for super-quick assembly line awesomeness....not caring that 20+ years down the road, when most all of the OEM parts are gone, that issues like yours are going to arise. Your plan of eliminating that connection style with your modded (billet!) throw-out brg. will prob. be a good repair.

Quote:
It's possible they didn't stick it in far enough.

LOL!...All joking aside, that very well may be...they are not easy to connect together. Almost feels like the slave side is going to break. Also too, as the pressure inside the fitting increases when you press the pedal, it may be forcing the two connector halves apart and closing that valve. The tolerances between the parts are prob. not as exacting as OEM so mixing and matching stuff (because we have no choice ) may be an issue as well.

Man, hope you go AWD. That would be over the top

Last edited by dbral : 12-01-2023 at 07:06 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote