Thread: dents question
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #67
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
....only if you can follow up your h.s level chemistry lesson with a functional demonstration of string theory..... (for someone who is working toward a doctorate, everything you've posted above is highly offensive, considering you have NO idea how complex things get. this argument is WHOLLY based on anything a typical highschooler should know, and would be tested on)

so if dry ice works, a very small amount of liquid nitrogen should work. (besides probably destroying the metal due to it being TOO cold) and anything as cold as dry ice should work too... right? its not the fact that its dry ice, its the fact that its approximately -100F

(while i was looking up what the temp of an inverted can of air is i found this)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R134a

All the "canned air" i've seen, uses tetrafluoroethane. I've always known that. What i DIDN'T know, is that is the same refrigerant we have in our car's AC systems;R134a. I didn't know the two were one in the same.

Its not air by any simple means. It might work for a dust blower while upright, but when turned upside down thats pure R134a your spraying out. If that can possibly cool the metal to 100F, why wouldn't that do the same thing as dry ice? Thats all i'm wondering. Bdy, if you can prove that cooling to the same temp by different means yields different results on metal... you might get your phd. not to mention a nobel prize.