View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #233
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Cracked the turbo manifold significantly at a weld at the collector.

(No pic yet, this is just a location point-out on a picture from 2011)

Couple months of hard shifting and wheel hop with nothing supporting the weight of the exhaust will do that, what do you know. No one would help me weld hangers and support. Well, now they will. Turbo manifold will be re-welded at any areas with evidence of cracks, and a support bar or two will be added to it. The exhaust will have multiple hangers holding it up as well, and I hope to have a nice sturdy transmission/engine mount to minimize the amount of movement/flexing.

Fun note: I've beat everything I've raced since the new clutch in June. And I've raced a lot of things. Kept even with a Lamborghini. Once I get closed and settled in with my new house later this month and the car is properly tuned, I'll hit the track probably in October.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote