View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So if my smoke leak test finds significant leaks like I expect, I'm going to have to have a shop take it apart (no easy task, charge piping, oil feed/drain, etc. everything is VERY tightly designed and there's a specific order to install/remove things that I don't know because Adam Brand @ StreetOrStrip Concept didn't give me the paper he said he would detailing order of operations, because he was pissed off).

The flange will likely need milling and the passenger side most stud hole in the head needs to be helicoiled. He knew the stud didn't work right but instead of fixing it just half-assed it and installed everything anyway. I'm fairly certain the exhaust manifold flange doesn't seal due to warping, not enough clamping on that stud, and possibly even the flange being too tall and colliding with the cam tower instead of squeezing against the head surface.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote