View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
Didn't realize I sounded like such a rooster when I sent that. lol

Okay if they are from the same company then the bigger of the two will more than likely do the higher power.

What I was getting at though was which specific amplifiers they were as not all amplifiers are the same.

For example, a Crunch amplifier may claim 50rms X4 @ 4-ohms. Though, after efficiency, voltage drop, etc the Crunch amplifier may only do around 30rms. When you look at a Rockford Fosgate amplifier, they may claim 50rms X 4 @ 4-ohms and really do close to 60rms per channel. Some brands are known to built much higher quality amplifiers in which others can't compare in quality, efficiency, etc. It all depends on the product.

Another example, if you were looking between a 1000rms Hifonics and a 1000rms Sundown amplifier, i'd tell you Sundown in a heartbeat as you are looking at the Hifonics doing around 800rms and the Sundown doing around 1500rms. It all depends.

Neither of the two amplifier that you are looking at may do rated rms power, BUT if they are the same brand from the same line, the bigger of the two will obviously do more power, giving you more room for error. Go with it. Does that make a little more sense as to why I was wondering? lol