View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
Well since no one gave you a clear answer, in the US, the year on the VIN is the model year. The "build date" is not put in the VIN. My Grand Am was built in November 2002 and it has the "3" in the VIN but it has "11/02" on the door sticker. If your car has a "1" for the year in the VIN then it is a 2001 model year equivalent.

Also, for the person asking about the 2.4 in a 2003, European countries consider the year it was registered as the "year of the car". So you could essentially have a 2008 but if it wasn't registered until 2011, then the car is considered a 2011. Very weird thing that they do but I assume that you look for parts with the "build date" in Europe.

I was saying that to get him to give information like that and he already did a vin check to find out that it is an 01' ya skimmer

You did give good info though and I did not know that about the year thing in Europe and that sounds dumb
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote