View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #25
the1lyden
GX Member

the1lyden is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys,

I have recently sold my Alero and purchased a 2007 Acura TL Type-S. I have been going through and reading a lot of standard maintenance items. 1 involving changing the manual transmission fluid helps with a problem where some vehicles where popping out of 3rd gear.

I had been noticing on my Alero that shifting into gears was a LOT harder than i remembered it being (was the only owner of a 2003 GX 5 speed with 177,000 miles on it).

If i still had the car i would for sure try this, and i see that is has already been mentioned. But i think it bears repeating!

There is a Red Line version and a GM/AC Delco version that have been raved about.

Synchromesh Manual Transmission Fluid FRICTION MODIFIED! there are versions without the FRICTION MODIFIED, but that is not what you want.

The old part number was #12377916, but is now #88900399

I wish i knew about this years ago... I hope some people out there find this useful as well.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but i think there is a TON of Value in it!

P.S. This stuff not only solved the issue of the gear popping out of third, but it was RAVED about for making the shifting Smoother!

Last edited by the1lyden : 06-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
the1lyden is offline   Reply With Quote