View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Hey guys, a old world header trick... no gaskets at all. I ran my 3400 without gaskets and it sealed better than anything we were trying at the time. Had an old bugger of a mechanic tell me to give it a try and dammit he nailed it. Ran 4 years after that and no problem at all. Any leak at the manifold is gonna mess you up bad in your tune, gotta get them sealed no matter how you do it!

iirc, the guys at TOG ("The Other Guys" ) Headers also recommended that method, which I've used ever since "aleroboy" first installed them almost 10 years ago. I had a leak there only when the primary bolts came loose. I have had ongoing leaks at the downpipe and crossover, but not with using sealer on the primary flanges.

However, next set I put on will get the individual pieced gaskets, to see if it dampens noise any. Who knows, HF noise could be affecting the Knock Sensor.