View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #47
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRockwilder View Post
2015 bump.

Were you guys able to get power at the connectors at all before doing this fix? I can get power at the connectors when I take a reading and the connectors are unplugged. As soon as I plug everything back in on the window, zero volts.

Going to pull the panel off and check the wiring there regardless, though.

Thanks!

I dont know, never checked. I've done this on 4 different alero's and simply re-soldering the leads fixed them all. The strips on the windshield are probably just a small heating element like in anything else, thus you wouldn't see much resistance when looking at them by themselves. That being said, when you connect the leads into it, and turn on the power, current may be flowing but you aren't seeing voltage because the circuit has such a low resistance the neutral lead is equally as charged. No difference in potential, by definition- voltage. I can not guarantee that is what is happening there at all, you could just as easily have gotten something else hot and theres an actual short. I would believe either one, try it and see if you blow a fuse, you will have your answer.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote