View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 01:32 AM   #85
RoninKouga

we are allowed to speed as fast as we want here, so nearly everyone does. but as a fact.. . my limiter kicks in @ ~125 mph but that is way too fast for a car in this class. even diesel cars are passing me here so i decided do install a dhp pcm. the 3.4 aut has ~3500 rpm @ 125 mph and there is enugh power to go over 250 km/h. but i didnt check it, also the speedo's end is at 220 kmh. (btw over 160km/h the alero REALLY needs fuel

i'm not quite sure if you will fry your auto gearbox oil if you keep up speeds like that - the brakes in alero are very weak and the suspension system is not made for this. you can feel this. but if you upgrade them it 'd be ok i think. everything on the car has to be fitting for those speeds, so the tires.

personly - i think its dangerous to speed up like that for once, coz you dunno how your car reacts in this situation. crosswind will be a funny influence over 200, too in alero btw. - you gotta approach the max speed day by day - everyday a lil bit faster if you feel to, but since i'ts not allowed in us, u should do this on a track - but this all has been offtopic

i think removing a senser from the gearbox won't remove the governor, coz it is programmed to the pcm which calculates the speed in 2 ways. (in 3.4 aut. i kno this is a fact) it measures not only the speed (from the gearbox), it recognizes the rpm and which gear you are in and if u are too high in the calculated speed in the last gear a hard fuel cutoff applies. in 3.4 aut. you can get this situation putting the lever in "3" then it cuts hard @ 130 mph instead of gently governing at 125..

im sorrya didnt calculate all speeds to mph, but i think it may be understnadable what i wanted to say

last time i looked at dhp, the only have a pcm for 3400. if you wanna ask them for yourself, tell me ill give you the email of charles beyer, he is at dhp and very competent in custom pcm's.