View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Thats what have. Mustang kit, quick release and tiny little race steering wheel. The ON/OFF switch it inside the hunb, while the set/cancel/resume buttons had to have tiny little holes drilled in the back of the case, the the hub, and zip tied into place. The mustang's was going to wired on toggle switches, simple. The alero's cruze control is however much, much more intricate. The factory wheel cracked when pulling off, the hub had to be drilled out, then pulled off and adjusted for square steering several times. My turn signals are still bit lopsided. The hub is wrapped in cheap rubber shit, the quick release is really nice to have, but to use it with the horn plugged in would be completely impractical. The quick release with 50,000+ miles now on it offers a good 1/8" of play. The pleather on the steering wheel it holding up well, but the stitching is pulling apart in the back.
If your going to do it you need time, budget, and patience.
And if you do it, make sure you get a factory sized wheel. Maybe a 1/4" max smaller. Mine is tiny, now that I'm used to it it's not bad but switching to the cruze I realize how nice the larger wheel is. It's amazing much more leverage that extra inch gives you.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote