View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
JoshParsons84
GX Member

JoshParsons84 is on a distinguished road
First time N-Body owner

Hello all,

First of all I wanna say I'm happy and proud to be a member of this forum. This is the first time I've ever owned a N-Body. I have owned W-Body (98 GTP) Coming from a Grand Prix I'm surprisingly quite happy with my 2002 3400 Automatic Black 4-Door. That being said. I bought this car with 160,000 miles on it roughly. When I first got it on the road it was throwing a check engine light. Scanned it and it came back TCS, MAF, and EGR. Changed all 3 and EGR is still on but I think it's where I didn't clean out the port. Not a problem, in the future it'll be deleted anyways.

Main concern and I've looked and forgive me if this question has popped up a bunch of times but I couldn't find any information that truly helped me. My transmission shifts (real) hard going through the gears. Then, at other times it won't at all BUT will kinda hesitate for a whole sec - second a half. Also the RPM when gaining a little speed (not stomping it) is real jumpy.

Has anybody had this problem or knows exactly what I'm talking about? I really really like this car. I've checked out sites such as Milzy Motorsports and Wide Open Throttle Technologies and the more I read and learn about these phenemonal 3 series FWD motors the more I wanna go rob a bank lol (j/k) But before I can go any further with my project Alero I have to get my tranny problem taken care of. Can anybody help me out??
JoshParsons84 is offline   Reply With Quote