View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
Grand am GT side skirts on an Alero

Since I had to paint the whole car anyways, I decided to do something a little different and put Grand am GT side ground effects on it. I was a little worried about how it would look with stock Alero bumpers but I think it looks pretty sharp. Its also still completely de-badged from the paint job and I intend to leave it that way. Tell me what you think...

I'm not going to do a how-to or anything like that but I do have some info about how its done that might come in handy to someone out there (because I couldn't find any info online). First, you will need a LOT of automotive double sided tape. Its pretty expensive stuff so be prepaired for that. You have to take off the old double sided tape first, which is time consuming with the proper tools and would have been a nightmare if I hadn't had the proper tools. Three fat strips on each of the doors and a lot on the skirts too. You will need to drill some holes on the wheel wells and on the fender but all the holes and clips on the bottom where the old Alero ground effects were can be reused if you don't break them taking the old one off. For the people who want to hide the rust on their two door this way, if there is a lot of rust you wont have holes left to clip the ground effects into so I wouldn't recommend it but it will probably hide less severe rust. Thats it!

Last edited by zman246 : 03-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote