Thread: Knock questions
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Now is where I start placing blame...checking things out more it is mostly coming from the left side of the motor where the chains are, and there is a definite sound of one of the chains scraping...i am going to call the installing shop today and say something and then hopefully she makes it back home fine and I will take it back and have them fix it...there is no way that it should have failed in that short of a time period and it would be that either they got faulty parts or they didn't put them on right

EDIT: I guess blame is the wrong word here unless it was improperly installed...bad parts are made all the time and if that wasn't the case there would be no need for a warranty...I called him and he said the parts should be under warranty and I will talk to him about labor when I get it there in a couple days...I am willing to possibly pay part of the labor because it does have some use, however I don't think it has been long enough for the full burden to be on me yet...While I am a little bit leary he said that it would be fine to drive it the rest of this week and what I need to next week and then drive it back and the first stop other than maybe to get my friend to follow me to the shop (he lives along the way in one of the routes to it), will be the shop. I am not really mad about the situation as long as he takes care of his part of it.

Last edited by 03glgold : 12-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote