Thread: Short Tracing
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
thats the thing i don't really understand. (my car is exactly the same as stated above)

the gray transaxle wire is a grounded....somewhere. And its not suppose to be. That used to be 12V switched, when the light switch in the front of the dash tripped (due to low light levels) and now, it just reads as a pure ground. BUT when we checked the INST LPS (fuse on the top right of the passanger fuse panel) that still works fine... so I'm going to run a wire from that, over to where the gray USED to be, so I retain power/function. What could happen where, that would cause that gray wire to switch from power to dead ground?? obviously thats my problem (same applies to the other gray that went to the other lamp for the cubby)

All I can really think of is tearing the dash out and tracing the wire the whole length, but that still doesn't mean i'm gonna find my answer... (which is why i'm bypassing it, and not tracing)

it still pisses me off to no end. Now I KNOW there is a problem in my car that is unresolved..... I'd really like to find that, so i can fix it, so it won't cause a problem w/ anything else... but i don't know where that could have possibly happened, or what would even cause that.
Give me a sec cherry I got to do an install but we will figure this out.