View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
your not supposed to warm up your car....you start it...let it run for about 15 seconds then start driving. until it gets warm i take it real easy...accelerate nice and slow. At least thats what ive been told....

Stop being a bunch of women and MAN UP...drive cold for 5 min. lol

Warming up a car is neccessary, if the car is carb'ed. Since the Alero is NOT a carb'ed car, no warming up in neccessary

As for the HG issues, I really don't understand what your are seeing here. A lot of white smoke, that lingers for about a block or so, yeah HG issue. I had a car do that to me. Coolant was getting into the number 1 combustion chamber and being burnt out the exhaust. The HG issue I had with the Alero was Combustion gasses getting into the cooling jacket and forcing the coolant out or a hard accel.

Is either of these happening to you? Is the oil clean?

If you do have a HG issue, feel free to replace the Water Pump, thermo, coolant bottle, raditior, and anything else you like. It's NOT going to fix the problem

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote