Thread: Rear Ended!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
ya what they call it is different from the truth, and here it is
its called service first shop or a direct repair proceduer
when they tell you that the car is going to one o f their perfered shops "oh its a drp shop a service first shop" ok when a shop becomes service first or drp for a insurance company

all it means is that the shop and insurance company is making money, the insurance company lowers the labor rate, the shop gets huge discounts on parts, and sometimes the shop pays the insurance company money yearly or monthly to stay a service first shop

like the shop i work for we are service first for state farm, it doesnt matter if the shop next to us takes state farm becasue we are service first we get every car first!, then any other shop in the area

the whole life time warranty thing, is nice for the customer nnot nice for us, if us techs repair a car and it comes back with problems, we fix it for free, i hate that!! thats why any car i touch i never see again, i maybe have 2 cars come back in a years time

it is nice but if something stupid happens to the car or you hit something with the car and we can say hell no this isnt warranty work, he hit something, but if the paint is peeling, or lets say something isnt lined up, on that line its warranty

you have a choice where to take your car, if i was in the area i would tell you to bring the car to me, its not the insurance company that has the right you do you tell them where you want the car fixed not the other way around

of if the shop is a huge corperation owned chain shop like a cars collision, or car star, stay far far far away from shops like that i know i worked in one for yrs, and all they do is hack em and wackem out the door, stick with the small ma and pa shops better quality will come from a tech who isnt rushed
see my point
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote