Thread: Painting her :D
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #39
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
x2, plus metallics harder to match for repairs, right?

I used metallic once, careful as I could be but still got tiger stripes.

Also, I used the same 2.0 sprayer for primer, final coat, everything. Got severe orange peel. Took days of 1500 grit water sanding to get it looking decent, but the stripes still showed.

wow 2.0!!! material today is high solids high solvents and or water based now the max!! is 1.6 for primer, 1.3 or 1.4 for sealer base and clear tiger striping is caused by moving to fast then to slow and your fan patteren and overlap is way wrong

and no mettalic colors are easy to match the color red can be horrible to match your striping will never go away unless its repainted

next time use 1.4 tip for every step of the process, correct air pressure, corect fan patteren, not to much or not to little overlap

way to much info for me to type out and my hands are killing me
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote