View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #211
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely will do. I was supposed to have my photoshoot today but with how last-minute things have been with my fabricator, I can't do it. Gotta reschedule yet again. Two major visual modifications were not completed:

The wheel spacers for the rear require longer studs, which I did not find out until last night when I suggest we make sure they fit.

The brakes were put on hold at first because the rotors were a different bolt pattern, but now because they claimed the bolts I have don't work with the calipers. After some research last night I don't see how that's possible. The F-Body and N-Body both use the same M12 x 1.75 bolts, and that's the thread size for the CTS-V calipers. I have a feeling one of his young underlings stupidly tried to use the bolts that hold the Camaro calipers to the caliper bracket, when in reality the CTS-V calipers bolt directly to the steering knuckle....

So without the brakes or my wheels spaced properly, I didn't want to waste $500 on a photoshoot. Plus my fab guy was only installing the new resonator today and would be done by 5:30PM. Way too late for me to clean the car and drive really damn far to go meet up with this guy before it gets dark.

Says he can't actually adjust the fitment between my passenger door and fender due to there being too much rust. It's been a long-standing issue that appeared when I had the car painted in 2013 - a horrible creak/groan due to the door colliding with the fender.

And here's my new charge pipe off the turbo. Kinda ugly until it gets cleaned and polished/powdercoated, but it avoids colliding with anything (I hate rattles). The next car we're going to relocate the fuse box, and change the brake master cylinder to one that can be relocated/hidden as well, which will clear space to run a 4" tube and the giant air filter I have.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote