View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #33
TdotAlero
GL Member

TdotAlero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Great input! And I feel so much better about the pirellis knowing that other's have used and liked them. But why an alignment? How would new tires throw it off kilter?
I am not sure about the quality of roads in Texas, but here, in Toronto we have way too many potholes and speed bumps and other nasty surprises. Over time, when you go over potholes, the tie rods and other parts get shifted and the car becomes un-aligned. The way how you could often easily tell if you need and alignment is when your steering wheel is not straight. If your car is in need of alignment and you don't do it when you get new tires, after a year or so, the inside part of the tire might end up bold, when the outer part will still have plenty of thread left. My place charges 20 bucks to scan the car and to find out if it needs alignment or not. When you take your tires and rims to a tire shop to put them on, try to bargain if they cut scan your car for free. When I install new tires on a car I always recommend doing an alignment (at least two front wheels). A good mechanic can also tell if you need alignment just by looking at your old tires.
TdotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote