Thread: Niachspeed Cai
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 08:57 PM   #22
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, I think the major problem with making these fit isn't the battery, or it's size. You know how the resonator is comprised of 2 pieces, both pieces held by 1 bolt each? ( with the pieces snapped together in the middle ) The bottom half ( or second piece in line as air flows towards the engine ) bolts to a metal bracket, that extends from the engine-bay housing, straight towards the end of the bumper where it wraps around to meet the tire. I can't remember if this bracket holds any fasteners for the inner wheel-well, but if it doesn't, I think removing the bracket with a die-grinder / cut-off wheel would help the lower pipe's fit TREMENDOUSLY. With it removed, the lower pipe with the 45 in it could swivel the cone more towards the front of the car, giving more room for the battery situation above.....

I got it fitting decent, and it looks good, but I'm half-tempted to pull everything apart to see what can be done ( if anything ) about that bracket.

Whatchya think Formula?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote