View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I did it today.

I beat the header bolts!!

Last time I could only back out one bolt, today I used a different combo of tools and got all of them out, but I figured out why the gasket blew out. The top bolt on header tube #6 is stripped. I got it in there snug, but snug isn't going to work. Should be pretty easy to retap and get another bolt in there.

I never retaped a bolt hole before. Just buy a kit, screw in the tap, screw out the tap, and put in a new bolt?

if your going to rethread the hole yourself look into helicoil, that way you can reuse the same bolt size. not to mention its usually stronger than the original. you will have to drill out the hole first.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote