View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #16
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
My question is on the structural integrity. Will this kit break? It looks pretty thin in the pics. How are you guys attaching this to the car? When you say allot of sanding does this mean that the kit is fine other then having the same side skirts? What is the recommendation..hold off on getting one until the kinks are worked out or get one now hopefully they will send both side skirts now, and have to do allot of sanding?

the bumpers will be bolted on and the side skirts after all the work of legthening and reshaping and getting rid of that damn notch they will be attached by screws and we will also use the factory clips also, which will require a lot of work.

I recommend holding off until the kinks are worked out. Because the body work alone on the skirt will be around $600 and then the body work on the rear bumper will be high also.

The reason for a lot of sanding is due to the gel coat being so thick that it is hiding some of the lines and shape. But for 99% of you it is fine how it is on the gel coat thickness. I am anal and know the kit and the OSV too well and I am making a replica. So I am being picky and isn't really necessary.

You mentioned about the structural integrity, I'll let chris answer this due to he has a lot of experience with other bodykits out there from aed, ass, wings west, etc.