Thread: Six speed swap?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 01:27 AM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
The 5 speed getrag is a project now 7 years in the making... I'm hoping to get it completed this month so I can drive it for the first time! Either way you go, unless you have a lot of tools, welding experience and a bucket of money and free time... Leave it an auto or sell it and buy one that's already a 5 speed.

This...

Anything that isn't bolt on, have it done. Anytime you have to cut or weld, you risk shooting yourself on the foot. I'm not saying be scared, but we all know our mechanical abilities. I personally would send my car to Milzy and pay to have it done. $5000 or so for a custom car that's going to be done right is the best way to go about it. They specialize in these things while normally those out of the profession are learning as they go along.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote