View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:21 PM   #40
Spy

so have you gone to the track yet with it?

Quote:
Originally posted by 00redse@Sep 24 2005, 06:41 PM
S/C

and there's a few more boosted 2.4's out there than a lot of people think. I'm one of them.

For me, I got my RSM blower plus larger fuel injectors, and front mount intercooler for 1000 less than the GM kit. As far as RSMs reflash, I opted not to use it because it woulda been an extra 350 bucks plus shipping, and I woulda been without a ecm for a few days or more. So I just used the 2 bar map sensor that comes with the GM kit and used the reflash from it as well. So I like to think I have the best of both worlds.

in order to really up the boost, you don't have to upgrade to the stage 2 blower, you can just get a larger drive housing. Which will put you up to about 12-15 psi. Bad part about that, is that it's like 900 bucks. but the difference between 6 and 12 psi is quite a bit and worth the money. Especially since I'm intercooled, and won't really have to do any tuning since the reflash will adjust for the extra boost. The only other thing I'll really need is larger injectors.....maybe.

check out my cardomain if you'd like to see it http://www.cardomain.com/profile/00redse