View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #57
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Did you log your 1/4 B? If you did post your tune and run for me. If you didn't log I'd still like to see the tune that you ran at the track...
First suggestion, before even seeing the tune, put a fuel pressure gauge on it and tape it to your windscreen. Focus your camera on the gauge and take it out and hammer it. I would like to see what your fuel pressure is doing before anything else if at all possible bro

here's a link to one of the 1/4 runs--

E.T about 14.5, mph around 90 (23 inch tires)
(LS1 MAF w/ " '97 Corvette Calib, stock Alero sensor element" :

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...899#post174899

I tested the fuel pressure at key-on, engine off, before going to track, it was about 55 psi. I have not checked at WOT in a long time. However, the symptoms are getting worse every time I drive it at WOT, I gotta be careful here, lol

One symptom over the last months has been running higher and higher narrowband O2 voltages, now it's getting to the point of maxing out the readings.

I had also replaced the O2 sensor with a GM version, changed the offsets back to stock. Put the stock MAF back in, same result on street.

So we have lost of measured boost, big loss of power, and yet the fuel consumption is way higher than normal, but no misfires at WOT.

Has a lot of misfires at low RPM, mostly on cylinder #1, where I suspect a bent valve. It's had that going on for over two years, but it's much worse now......

This is acting like the air charge is somehow disappearing before it gets to the fuel injectors, or something in the system is absorbing the power or dragging it down. Weird as hell...