View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #47
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
A rather attractive woman, I had the privelage of meeting her in person. Deffinitly too good for Jon though
LOL!!!

I wish I had someone that looked like that working for me. She took a bunch of pics so hopefully Jon can get those posted up. She also had the cutest sign made up to cheer Jon on! LOL!!!!

Yeah it was definitely great seeing Jon again. Too bad we didn't get to hook up with anybody else. I don't think the 100 octane hurt anything either. I've run that in my Daytona without incident. All it does is allow for a cleaner, more efficient burn, more aggressive tuning, and less chance of detonation. And with the way Jon's car was set up I would have thought the computer would have loved the extra octane. I really think it had more to do with his engine temp, the track conditions, and maybe how he launched it and eased at the end. I ran only 87 octane (less than 1/4 tank full) and kept the engine temps below the mid-line.

My lights (in run order): .094, .059, .043, and .031
It was pretty easy finding the sweet spot on the tree with her. I only had to do a few minor tweaks to how I launched her vs. the Daytona to get my lights down. 1000-1100 RPM and hitting it on the top of the 3rd bulb. Left her in 3rd gear all day. Would have loved to see what she would have run full out at the end of the night when the temps dropped into the 40's (or on the first run when the track was clean and the temps were in the mid 50's). I would have launched higher and then manually shifted to really push her.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote