View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_turbo View Post
Yes you have to wire the new knock sensor if you have a single wire one but dont worrie is very easy to do, here is how to : on the one wire sensor you have the sensor wire connected to pin number C1-33 that wire needs to be put now on to pin C1-34 because on the 00 ecu the C1-33 its not used anymore so.... now for the other wire on the 00 knock sensor you have to run a wire from C1-32 on the ecu to the gray wire on the knock sensor.

99 pinout With EGR
C1-32 Ks reference low ( with out EGR ) gray wire.
C1-33 Ks signal ( with egr ) drk blue wire.
C1-34 Ks signal ( with out Egr ) drk blue wire.

00 pinout with out EGR.
C1-32 Ks reference low...... gray wire from the knock sensor
C1-33 Not used.......
C1-34 ks signal...... drk blue wire fron the knock sensor

As for the 02 sensor i have a heated sensor i already had put in my car so i havent messed with that part yet but here are the pinouts for it... its the same for the 99 and the 00

C2-21 O2 sensor 1 low ( tan wire )
C2-22 O2 sensor signal ( purple wire )
C2-23 HO2 sensor 2 low ( tan/white )
C2-24 HO2 sensor 2 signal ( purple/white )

well theres all the info hope this helps you out..

on the O2 sensor the factory harness only has the purple wire. so to use the other pins for the upper heated O2 sensor you would need to redo the wiring from the ECU to the O2 sensor otherwise the other wire from the O2 sensor would not be used and i think it uses a different plug. I know the lower O2 is a heated but on 2000 the upper O2 is a 2 wire sensor and 99 is a single wire.

so when you replace the upper O2 sensor did you used heated and if so did you just plug and play it or did you rewire it?