View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
So what did you all do to put in the 00 ECU? Just relearn it? When you upgraded the injector di your stock one where they high imp? Did you rewire your knock sensor or due to the fact you have BCm, non egr, high imp injectors it was just a plug and play??????

Well it wasnt that hard at all, what i did was remove the old ecu and put the 00 ecu in and relearn it, as for the injectors i already had a set of high impedance injectors in my car cause i bought them that way but my car came with low impedance. i dont know if you know that on a low inpedance system you can run high impedance injectors , but you cant do it the other way around (put lows on a high system even if you change the clips).

OK so then i wired the knock sensor in, wich all i did was tap the ecu as i explined on this page on how to do it, if anybody can wire in a radio they can do this also, is not that hard and for the 02 sensor i already had a heated sensor from a GTP connected in my car so i didnt messed with that.

The BCM is just a plug and play nothing different about the 2 just that one has keyless entry and the other one doesnt, at least my car doesnt have keyless plus thats what it says on the BCM pinouts for the 99 and 00has keyless.

The hardest part was to get the GM tech to do it, i basicly went in there with all the info about what to do including the phone number he had to call 1 800 828 6860, the calibration number and all so it was just a matter from getting the download from GM and flash the ECU. At first they didnt want to do it but lucky me it turned out that i guy that works there went to high school with me, so i got lucky i didnt even knew he worked at that dealer that i went to, he was able to do it him self, anyways after all of this it only cost me 55 dollars for my reflash wich i tought it was a damn good deal and now my car sees boost wich OMG what a difference from how it was tuned before, im verey happy, it runs and drives smooth.

these are the things you will need if your car doesnt have them already:

high impedance injectors, ...........not if you have them already
00 knock sensor, .............some late 99s have these already.
2 bar map sensor from a gtp or the gm 2.4 sensor from the kit
00 2 wire 02 sensor, ...........not if you have it already

Last edited by GA_turbo : 01-12-2008 at 11:52 AM.
GA_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote