View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I would think it would be easier and better to do the fix at the BCM, as described here:
http://www.bergerweb.net/grandamsecurityfix.htm

I would think that it's easier to remove the panel by the glovebox, and there there is less wiring between the BCM and the resistor to go bad as well. Unless I am missing something here???

I do still need to do this sometime soon, since I will be stuck sitting in a 100 degree car for 10 minutes sometime this summer if I don't.

That and I plan of pulling whatever fuses are necessary instead of disconnecting the battery negative. That's also easier, I just need to check the schematics first to see which ones to pull.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote