Thread: New Car
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:11 AM   #7
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
The Mrs. never got around to learning stick so we needed a family car that'd be good her and the baby. I've been looking around and stumbled on this beauty for $2,500 yesterday. 176,000miles Great car, all kinds of fancy stuff and it's only a GX. Not quite an alero but still, beautiful day for a photo shoot!
Who are the other Intrigue owners on here? What forum do you recommend for them? This is a great old car, I love the handling and it has plenty of power. courtesy lighting everywhere, couldn't be happy. Needs a bit of things here and there, but nothing major. This title says it was sold new in 04 with 30,000 miles. Demo car maybe? Looks like they installed the spoiler early in it's life, did a good job, LED lit! Needs wheel hubs, trans mount, coolant tank, and fresh fluids. Other than that, good to go. We've already driven it a few hundred miles. Super happy with the Olds again!

Fuel gauge sits at full and occasionally goes down to show the actual level. Is this probably the float/tank side or a needle/gauge cluster problem?

Sorry for posting on this kinda late, but I haven't been on the site in a while. Congrats on the newish ride lol. I used to have a 99 Intrigue GX myself. Is the spoiler stock? Cause mine had one as well with a LED 3rd brake light. As for forums, I was on W-body.com back when I had mine. They were usually pretty helpful when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
I miss my Intrigue!! They eat a lot of oil so keep checking the level.

^ What he said on checking the oil. The 3.5L is notorious for it.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote