Old 04-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #13
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Apr 3 2006, 11:51 AM
Borla has 2 1/4" pipe......SLP has 2 1/2" pipe

SLP has mandrel bent piping vs. a muffler shop's crush bent piping

thats how......I dyno'd my car with my custom flowmaster setup and I had 133 whp.Â;-) All I did was take that off and install the SLP and dyno'd again (same day) and I was at 144whp.........the proof is in the numbers.Â;-) Then add S&S headers magnaflow h/f cat... DHP...CAI...pro-m maf...shift kit...and you get 175whp and a 14.7 second Alero

Unless of course, the shop uses mandrel bent pieces and welds the whole thing in place, which is what Mufflerman Inc. does in Buffalo. ( Randy can vouch for me on this, as they did his exhaust too. ) Then I suppose, a custom welded system is not only at-par with an SLP, but it's cheaper, too. The only difference in the two IMHO is that the SLP will undoubtedly last a while longer, as it's got better corrosion resistance qualities than a custom welded system.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote