View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #1769
riceralero
GX Member

riceralero is on a distinguished road
take off your underhood insulation right now also sorry about the lack of posting

like the title says, Im sorry about how inactive I've become, I got a new(lol she old as dirt) truck. A 1969 Dodge D200! kinda a fun truck for a 16yo with a 383 and a dana 60 rear with 4.10 gears
thats a link to my main instagram...if you want to see more updates request to follow the instagram swimmingmachinebroke i post a lot more on there https://www.instagram.com/p/BhCjJ4Qn...by=logandahlke
Anyway back to the Alero I cleaned the engine bay of grease and oils and other unknown shit using carwash soap and a dishwashing brush.... the stiffish bristles really made quick work of cleaning off the dirt and even though there is still some dirt and grime it looks really nice and paint isnt scratched.

Secondly, I took off the underhood insulation/sound deadener a while back for some long term testing and my underhood temps are a tad lower, i didnt lose too much heat in the winter and my paint isnt melting off lol..... and because i have a cold(hot) air intake, might just be my intake but you can now hear a decently load whistle of the intake! sounds pretty badass, almost like a little turbo....hmmmmmm maybe sometime i have nothing better to do.

My SLP Catback seemed like the muffler kept sagging...I thought it was the hangers were stretched out but as it turns out the muffler was rotting
anyway i took it to merlins (have a family friend there) and now have a single pipe running from the cat straight to a reused duel exit tip....its now much louder, the drone at 50 is completely gone and the pops and crackles are nuts..most people who hear it cant believe its a mostly stock 3.4 lol
riceralero is offline   Reply With Quote